There are several perceptions of a kebab.
One maybe a kebab that’s fatty and unhealthy, the other maybe something that’s been thrown together and chucked onto a bbq in the summer.
A kebab can have numerous flavour combinations which can be quickly made, oven baked and be waiting for you after a busy day.
The next time you have the oven on, consider making a kebab for the following day!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|277 g||chicken breast, cut into thin strips||1-2 tsp||cajun seasoning||52 g||peppers, cut into cubes||95 g||courgette, cut into 5mm thick slices||6 g||coconut oil||1||pitta bread||25 ml||sweet chilli sauce||6||pickled jalepeno slices||149 g||spinach||1||lime, juice only|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Put the chicken strips in a bowl and add the coconut oil and cajun seasoning.
- Massage the seasoning and coconut oil into the chicken.
- Take 2 skewers and start to thread the chicken, courgette and peppers onto them.
- Continue until you’ve used up all of your ingredients.
- Place them on the baking tray and bake for approx 35 minutes.
- Warm your pitta in the oven for a minute and start to plate up.
- Carefully split the pitta length ways, fill with spinach and place a kebab on top.
- Give the chicken a squeeze of lime, add the jalapeño slices and add a dollop of sweet chilli sauce.
- The picked jalapeno slices I use contain no added sugar.
- I use metal skewers, but if you use wooden ones be sure to soak them in water for 10-15 minutes to stop them burning.
- For anyone following older BC plans, and are on Cycle 3 – if you don’t have bread in your plan you should enquire to see if you may have it added to your ingredients list. It’s unusual for it to be refused, but check first.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.