Minced meat of any variety is your friend.
It’s economical and can be made into a variety of meals.
At the same time as making the polpette in bianco I also made these burgers for the following day, that’s prepping!!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|176 g||extra lean beef mince||95 g||cherry tomatoes||46 g||spring onion, finely chopped||2 tsp||cajun seasoning||6 g||olive oil||10 g||fresh coriander, chopped||0.5||chilli, sliced, seeds or no seeds up to you!||0.5||garlic clove, crushed||1||lime, juice only||80 g||avocado||48 ml||sweet chilli sauce||149 g||iceberg lettuce||salt and pepper|
- Put the mince into a bowl, add the cajun seasoning along with salt and pepper to taste.
- Give the mince a good mix to incorporate the spices and form into burger patties. You should get a 2-3 patties depending on the size and thickness, but remember, the thicker the burger pattie, the longer they’ll take to cook.
- Take a frying pan and put it on a medium heat with the olive oil.
- Pop the patties into cook.
- Remove the seeds from the tomatoes before finely chopping the remaining tomato.
- Mash the avocado and then add the chopped spring onion, finely chopped tomato, crushed garlic, sliced chilli, the chopped coriander and a squeeze of lime.
- Give the guacamole a good mix and set aside.
- Check the burgers, they should have browned on one side by now.
- Flip them and check them again in a few minutes.
- When they’re cooked through they should be firm to the touch.
- Tear a couple of large leaves of iceberg lettuce and arrange them onto a piece of foil – the burger will be wrapped to make it easier to eat!
- Add a burger, smear with some of the guacamole, add another burger and top with more guacamole before wrapping the lettuce leave around the burger.
- Wrap the foil around the bottom half of the lettuce wrapped burger stack and repeat until you’ve used all of your burger patties and guacamole.
- Have your sweet chilli sauce on standby for dipping!
- Make sure your mince is extra lean, less than 5% of fat per 100g.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- Remember, the thicker the burger pattie, the longer they’ll take to cook.