One of my sons has a new love for flapjacks so we make these regularly for him to enjoy. Made with only 4 ingredients, you too can enjoy these simple to make flapjacks as an energy boost!
Ingredients for 12 servings
|5g||butter (for greasing)|
|125g||light brown sugar|
|3 tbsp||golden syrup|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F.
- Place the oats into a large bowl and grease and line an oven proof dish with baking paper.
- Add the butter, sugar and golden syrup to a small sauce pan and place onto a medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, leave the pan onto the heat until the mixture has changed to a golden brown butterscotch.
- Pour the butterscotch over the oats and take few minutes to coat the oats using a wooden spoon.
- Spoon the mixture into the oven proof dish and press the mixture down before baking for 15-20 minutes until baked.
- Check the bake at around 15 minutes to make sure the edges don’t catch too much as you want a sticky gooey flapjack and not burnt.
- When you’re happy with the bake, remove it from the oven and leave to cool before attempting to remove it from the oven proof dish.
- Once cooled, cut into bars and enjoy!
- I used a pyrex dish measuring 17 x 22cm to bake my flapjacks.
- Cut into portions and freeze in smaller batches. They defrost like they’ve never been frozen!