One of my sons has a new love for flapjacks so we make these regularly for him to enjoy.
Made with only 4 ingredients, you too can enjoy these simple to make flapjacks as an energy boost!
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 12 servings
|250 g||porridge oats||130 g||butter (5g for greasing)||125 g||light brown sugar||3 tbsp||golden syrup|
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F.
- Place the oats into a large bowl and grease and line an oven proof dish with baking paper.
- Add the butter, sugar and golden syrup to a small sauce pan and place onto a medium heat.
- Once the butter has melted, leave the pan onto the heat until the mixture has changed to a golden brown butterscotch.
- Pour the butterscotch over the oats and take few minutes to coat the oats using a wooden spoon.
- Spoon the mixture into the oven proof dish and press the mixture down before baking for 15-20 minutes until baked.
- Check the bake at around 15 minutes to make sure the edges don’t catch too much as you want a sticky gooey flapjack and not burnt.
- When you’re happy with the bake, remove it from the oven and leave to cool before attempting to remove it from the oven proof dish.
- Once cooled, cut into bars and enjoy!
- I used a pyrex dish measuring 17 x 22cm to bake my energy bars.
- Cut into portions and freeze in smaller batches. They defrost like they’ve never been frozen!