You don’t need to get in your car and find a popular drive through establishment for this meal.
Prepare it the night before so that in the morning you can simply drive through your own kitchen, pick up this beauty and feast on it in next to no time!
This is one of the many recipes I created when I followed the 90 Day Plan by The Body Coach. Simply use your plans ingredient amounts instead of those shown in the recipe. There are 220 Create Your Own (CYO) friendly recipes in my app and on this website.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|109 g||extra lean beef mince||46 g||onions, diced||1 tsp||dried sage||6 g||olive oil||116 g||mushrooms||3||whole eggs||3||egg whites||1||bagel||149 g||spinach||48 ml||sweet chilli sauce||salt and pepper|
- In a bowl add the mince, half of the diced onion and dried sage and season with salt and pepper.
- Give these a good mix until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Using wet hands to stop the mince mixture stick to your hands, shape the mixture into patties, 2 or 3 but don’t make them too thick as they would take longer to cook.
- Put a frying pan on a medium heat and wilt the spinach.
- Once wilted, put the spinach to one side, give the pan a wipe to remove any left over liquid and add the oil.
- Once the oil is hot add the patties.
- Half way through cooking add the mushrooms and remaining onion to the pan and add a little sprinkling of salt to them to release a little of their natural liquid (saves you adding more oil).
- Take a pan of simmering water and poach your eggs.
- Poach your eggs to your liking.
- The patties are cooked when they are firm to the touch.
- Lightly toast your bagel and start to build your bagel.
- The wilted spinach goes on first, followed by the patties, then the eggs and not forgetting the bagel lid.
- Don’t forget to add the sweet chilli to the side for dipping.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- Make sure your mince is extra lean, less than 5% of fat per 100g.
- I use an egg poaching pan which has 4 cups to add my eggs into.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!
- Remember, the thicker the burger pattie, the longer they’ll take to cook.