I never imagined in a million years that I would be able to have a sausage bagel as a post workout meal and knowing that there’s one waiting for you at the end of a tough workout is a great motivator so having several sliders is even better! It’s a quick easy breakfast that you can ‘ping’ to reheat it in the morning if you make it the night before. Way better than cereal don’t you think?
Ingredients for 1 serving
|223g||chicken breast sausages|
|25ml||sweet chilli sauce|
|salt and pepper|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F. Line a baking sheet with non stick foil and cook the sausages for approx 20 minutes. To speed up the process, you can cut them in half (butterfly them).
- Add the olive oil to a frying pan and put on a medium heat.
- Add the asparagus and cook for approx 3-5 minutes depending on how ‘cooked’ you like them and set them aside.
- Add the onions and mushrooms to the same pan with a little salt, this will release some of the liquid from the mushroom eliminating the need for more oil. Cook for approx 3 minutes until they have softened.
- When the sausages are ready brush them with the sweet chilli sauce and put back in the oven for 1 minute to go sticky!
- Toast the bagels ready for assembly.
- Assemble the bagels, adding the sausages and topping with the onion and mushrooms. Serve the asparagus on the side.
While I was waiting for the bagels to toast I just ate the cooked mushrooms and onion, can’t wait won’t wait!
- For anyone following older BC plans, and are on Cycle 3 – if you don’t have bread in your plan you should enquire to see if you may have it added to your ingredients list. It’s unusual for it to be refused, but check first.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, sweet chilli sauce is a swap for other side sauces provided you choose one with equivalent macros.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, Chicken breast can be swapped for lean chicken or turkey breast sausages, but reduce the weight amount by 25%.