I love eggs in the morning and I love huevos rancheros but I wanted something hotter this morning, so here it is!
Hold on to your hat!
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|2||whole eggs||1||egg whites||52 g||peppers, sliced||46 g||onions, chopped||1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed||6||pickled jalepeno slices||6 g||olive oil||1/2 tsp||smoked paprika||95 g||chopped tomatoes||4 drops||hot sauce||20 g||cheddar cheese, grated||120 g||spinach||5 g||fresh coriander, chopped||salt and pepper|
- Put a frying pan onto a medium heat.
- Add the peppers, spring onion and jalepeno slices to soften for a minute before adding the garlic.
- Cook for a further minute before adding the chopped tomatoes, smoked paprika and a little seasoning to taste.
- When the tomatoes start to bubble, add the spinach and pop a lid on to wilt the spinach for a minute.
- Spread the spinach around the pan before adding your eggs.
- Crack a whole egg into a ramekin, add some of the egg white and pour into the pan, repeat until you’ve used all your eggs and egg whites.
- Pop the lid back on for 2 minutes and once the eggs start to set, add the drops of hot sauce to the eggs, and sprinkle over the cheddar.
- Pop the lid back on to finish setting the eggs and melt the cheese.
- Breakfast is ready when the eggs are cooked to your liking!
- The hot sauce I used was Cholula.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!