I was originally going to make a stir fry for lunch, but I know that it’s very low in fat and I’d be reaching for something to snack on sooner than I’d like.
I made this salad instead packed with healthy fats to keep me going this afternoon.
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|150 g||peeled raw king prawns||50 g||halloumi||95 g||babycorn||52 g||peppers, cut into strips||1||garlic cloves, chopped or crushed||1||chilli, sliced, seeds or no seeds up to you!||10 g||olive oil||75 g||iceberg lettuce||60 g||avocado||43 ml||soy sauce||0.5||lime, juice only||salt and pepper|
- Tear the iceberg lettuce and arrange it on your plate.
- Pop a medium frying pan onto the heat and add the oil.
- Fry the halloumi until it is golden brown on both sides and arrange it onto the lettuce.
- Put the frying pan back onto the heat and while it’s getting back up to temperature cut the baby corn in half length ways and add it to the pan along with the peppers.
- Stir fry these for a minute before adding the chilli and garlic to the pan.
- After a minute or so add the prawns to the pan along with the soy sauce.
- Stir fry the prawns until they are cooked through. They will turn from grey to pink and be firm to the touch.
- When the prawns are ready, serve the stir fry on top of the lettuce and add the avocado to the plate.
- Pour over any remaining juices, add a squeeze of lime and dig in!
- I like to use raw king prawns but you can use pre-cooked prawns too!
- Add a dash of hot sauce to add a new dimension to the flavours.
- Why not batch cook the prawns for another day!