Popcorn is a lovely snack and this recipe will trick your brain into thinking you’re eating an apple pie!
There’s no added sugar and no sweetener either but it’s a lovely sweet lean treat.
his is one of the many lean recipes that I’ve created where flavour and simplicity are key. There are hundreds of lean recipes in my app The Lean Cook with adjustable calories and macros.
Ingredients for 1 serving
|20 g||popping corn, air popped plain||0.5||apple, grated||1/4 tsp||cinnamon|
- Pre-heat your oven to 155°C fan/325°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Thinly scatter the grated apple onto the baking sheet and pop into the oven to dry out for around 15-20 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and allow it to cool for a moment before removing it from the baking sheet.
- Some of the apple with be crisp and some will have a little moisture, but this is OK.
- Pop it into a bowl along with your popcorn and add the cinnamon.
- Give everything a good stir and dig in.
- Take a short cut and use lightly salted popcorn.