I have missed eating salad (never thought I’d say that in a million years) and I wanted to do something a little different other than serving a salad with the final dish, so instead it’s the serving implement instead!
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267g||chicken breast, cut into fillet size pieces|
|1-2 tsp||Thai 7 spice seasoning|
|1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed|
|1/2||chilli, sliced, seeds or no seeds up to you!|
|10g||fresh coriander, chopped|
|46g||reduced fat sour cream|
|1/2||lime, juice only|
|149g||baby gem lettuce|
|salt and pepper|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Peel your avocado and mash it with a fork in a bowl – it needs to be really ripe.
- When its mashed with a few lumps left in just to make the texture interesting add the crushed garlic, chopped chilli and a squeeze of lime.
- Give everything a good mix and set it aside to marinate.
- Take a medium frying pan and pop it on to the heat.
- Add the oil and chicken.
- Start to brown the chicken and after a few minutes add the peppers and onion.
- Sprinkle over the Thai 7 spice seasoning and give the ingredients a good stir to coat them with the spices.
- When you’re happy that the chicken is cooked (it will be firm to the touch), take the pan off the heat and sprinkle the coriander over the chicken.
- Arrange your baby gem lettuce leaves onto a plate and spoon the chicken mixture onto the lettuce.
- Serve with your guacamole and sour cream.
You may need a bib as this could get messy!
- If you can’t get hold of a baby gem lettuce, a romaine lettuce or chicory would work just as well!