I love making my own slaw to go with different dishes and it’s very simple to adjust your recipe and evolve it with your tastes. This latest evolution of my slaw really is like sunshine on your tastebuds! I like to use raw unpasteurised apple cider vinegar for its ‘gut health’ properties. For more details check out the notes section.
Ingredients for 8 servings
|500g||red cabbage, finely sliced|
|250g||beetroot, peeled and grated|
|3 tbsp||apple cider vinegar|
|salt and pepper|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Peel and grate the beetroot. Wear rubber gloves if you don’t want stained hands for the rest of the day!
- Take a large bowl and add the red cabbage, grated beetroot, mooli, apple and raisins.
- Add the apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper along with the sugar and give everything a good mix.
- Place the slaw into a Tupperware container and refrigerate for 24 hours before serving – it really is worth it!
- Mooli is a large radish – this is a relatively new ingredient for me!
- This should keep in the fridge for a few days.
- I like to use an unpasteurised raw apple cider vinegar for it’s gut health properties, but you can use regular.