Many MANY years ago I was introduced to the world of fajitas by a friend of mine and I’ve loved playing with the recipe to come up with different ways of making them. For me this recipe gives me everything I want and I don’t miss the wrap! It’s a bonus that this recipe is super easy and is one of my staple recipes!
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267g||chicken breast, cut into thin strips|
|39g||cheddar cheese, grated|
|1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed|
|1||chilli, sliced, seeds or no seeds up to you!|
|1 tsp||smoked paprika|
|46g||reduced fat sour cream|
|1 tsp||cayenne pepper|
|10g||fresh coriander, chopped|
|6||pickled jalepeno slices|
|1||lime, juice only|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Add the olive oil to a frying pan and put it onto a medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for approx 4 minutes.
- Now add the peppers and onion and continue to cook them until the vegetables have softened a little.
- Add the garlic and chillies and give the ingredients a good stir before adding the dried spices.
- Give everything a good stir to coat the ingredients with the spices and to cook out the spices.
- Add the tablespoon of water at this point as the pan is likely to be a little dry.
- Arrange your salad onto the pate.
- When you’re happy the chicken is cooked (it should be firm to the touch) pour the lime juice over the chicken and arrange the chicken mixture on top of the salad
- Top the chicken the chopped coriander, cheddar and sour cream.
- If after adding the water you feel the pan is still a little dry, add a little more water instead of oil.
- And if you’re feeling brave why not have a few jalapeño slices to add another note to the flavours!
- The pickled jalapeño slices I use contain no added sugar.