I love smoked salmon but some days I just want to pick at something while I’m reading or when the children are particularly lively. These muffins are quick to make but packed full of flavour!
Ingredients for 1 serving
|154g||smoked salmon, cut into small chunks|
|46g||spring onion, finely chopped|
|95g||cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters|
|1/2||lemon, juice only|
|25g||reduced fat sour cream|
|salt and pepper|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F.
- Line a muffin tray with muffin cases, take a larger baking sheet and put the muffin tray on top (to catch any spills) and set aside.
- Take a large bowl add the whole eggs along with the egg whites and the reduced fat sour cream.
- Whisk them together for a minute.
- Wilt the spinach and set half aside.
- Arrange the spinach, onion, tomato and smoked salmon into each of the muffin cases.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture into each muffin case – this is easier to do when the muffin tray is on the oven tray.
- Be careful not to overfill the muffin cases as the egg will expand during cooking, so my recommendation is to only fill 2/3rds.
- Carefully push the muffin tray into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the egg has set.
- While the eggs are cooking, dress the remaining spinach with the olive oil, lemon juice and salt & pepper to taste.
- When the muffins are ready take them out of the oven to cool, but I bet you’ll try one piping hot!!
- For those on 2018 BC plans, Smoked salmon is a swap for salmon fillet. Simply increase your salmon fillet amount by 30% to determine the appropriate Smoked salmon amount.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!
- Keep costs down by using smoked salmon trimmings, they’re a fraction of the cost of a packet of regular smoked salmon.