It’s no secret that I enjoy my food, but what you’ve also noticed is that I’ve found many ways to enjoy previously ‘off limits’ food, guilt free! Give my crispy baked chicken a try and I promise you’ll make it over and over again. This recipe requires a little extra time to marinate the chicken, but it’s definitely worth it!
Ingredients for 2 servings
|300g||chicken thighs, boneless and skinless|
|2 tbsp||greek yogurt, full fat|
|2 tsp||cayenne pepper|
|2 tsp||smoked paprika|
|10g||extra virgin olive oil|
|olive oil spray|
|100g||peppers, cut into strips|
|75g||cholula hot sauce|
|salt and pepper|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Place the greek yogurt into a bowl along with the dried spices and a sprinkle of salt.
- Thoroughly mix everything together before adding the chicken and make sure the chicken is well coated.
- Leave the chicken to marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, but if you can leave it for longer, the chicken will be more succulent.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge.
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Add the panko breadcrumbs to a plate and carefully coat both sides of the chicken before placing it onto the baking sheet.
- Repeat until all the chicken has been coated with the breadcrumbs.
- Take the olive oil spray and spray each piece of chicken once with just one spray.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 20-25 minutes, there’s no need to turn it during cooking.
- When you’re happy that the chicken is cooked through turn the oven off but leave the door slightly open while you stir fry your veggies.
- Put a medium frying pan onto the heat and add the olive oil.
- Cut the Chinese leaf into large chunks before adding them to the pan with the baby corn, chopped onion and peppers.
- Stir fry these for a few minutes before adding the soy sauce to season them.
- When the vegetables are cooked to your liking remove them from the heat.
- Take a small sauce pan, add the cholula hot sauce and butter.
- Pop these onto a medium heat and after a couple of minutes the butter should have melted and the most wonderful sauce is ready!
- Arrange the stir fried vegetables onto your plate alongside the crispy coasted chicken.
- Take a spoon and drizzle the buttery hot sauce over the chicken and prepare to be wowed!
- I have made this recipe using kefir instead of greek yogurt in the marinade with great success!
- I prefer to marinate the chicken overnight as this results in the most succulent chicken.
- I wouldn’t recommend you use any other type of breadcrumbs as panko are really light and work really well baked.
- I dare you to make a double portion this dish is so delicious!