I’ve resisted making chicken sausage pasta until now but I’ve given it a little Italian twist, well I am Italian after all and this is SOOO easy to make!
Ingredients for 1 serving
|223g||chicken breast sausages|
|95g||cherry tomatoes, sliced in half|
|1/2||lemon, juice only|
|1/4 tsp||dried oregano|
|25g||reduced fat sour cream|
|salt and pepper|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F and line a baking sheet with non stick foil.
- Arrange your tomatoes on the baking sheet (seeds side up) and sprinkle them with the dried oregano and a little seasoning to taste.
- Bake these for 5 minutes and remove them from the oven – this is going to intensify the flavour like you wouldn’t believe!
- Take a frying pan and put it onto a medium heat and wilt the spinach, then set aside.
- Using the same frying pan, get it back onto the heat and add the mushrooms to the pan with a little sprinkling of salt. This is going to help them cook without oil by drawing out their natural juices.
- While this is happening, take your sausages and squeeze the meat out of the sausage skins to form little meat balls, or rather cheat balls.
- Try and keep them small as they’ll cook quicker.
- When the mushrooms have been cooking for a couple of minutes, add the oil to the pan along with the cheat balls and cook those through.
- Put a pan of boiling water on the hob and cook your tagliatelle according to the manufacturers instructions.
- Check on the cheat balls, and add the lemon juice.
- At this stage the pan is likely to look a little dry, so take a little of the pasta water and add it to your pan (approx 25ml).
- Adding this to the pan will help to deglaze the pan and create more of a sauce as there isn’t much reduced fat sour cream.
- When you’re happy that the cheat balls are cooked and the pasta is almost ready, add the reduced fat sour cream to the pan and give everything a good mix.
- Again, if the sauce is a little dry, add a little more water.
- When the tagliatelle is ready, drain it and quickly add it to the pan with the cheat balls and give everything a good mix.
- Arrange your pasta onto your plate, pop the oven roasted tomatoes on top and remember to serve the wilted spinach.
- For those on 2018 BC plans, Chicken breast can be swapped for lean chicken or turkey breast sausages, but reduce the weight amount by 30%.
- You may be tempted to use greek yogurt instead of reduced fat sour cream for your sauce, but this will split when you add it to your sausages and it won’t be very nice.
- For this recipe, the dried pasta varieties I’ve used are Tagliatelle and Linguine.