Here’s another lean soup recipe for you to try. It’s great when there’s a nip in the air and my family all have the sniffles. I need a little something to feed my to soul to keep the germs at bay!
Ingredients for 1 serving
|267g||chicken breast, cut into fillet size pieces|
|95g||courgette, peeled and diced|
|1 tsp||mild curry powder|
|1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed|
|1/2||chilli, sliced, seeds or no seeds up to you!|
|1||chicken stock cube|
|46g||reduced fat sour cream|
|149g||broccoli made into broccoli rice|
|salt and pepper|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Take a medium sauce pan and pop it onto a low heat.
- Add the coconut oil, chopped onion along with the garlic and cook this on a low heat until the onion softens.
- This will take approx 5-10 minutes.
- Put another saucepan filled with cold water on to the heat, add your whole eggs and cook them.
- For soft boiled eggs time them for 10 minutes from adding them to the cold water.
- As soon as the timer is up, gently pour away your hot water and fill the pan with cold water – this will stop the eggs cooking further and you’ll have yummy runny yolks!
- Add your mushrooms, chopped chilli and courgette pieces and cook for a few minutes to soften.
- Sprinkle the curry powder onto the vegetables and stir the vegetables to thoroughly coat them and cook out the curry powder.
- Add your boiling water to the pan, sprinkle the stock cube into the pan, stir it well to dissolve the stock cube.
- Turn the heat up and bring the pan to the boil, then add your chicken.
- After a couple of minutes, reduce the pan to a simmer and allow the pan to simmer for at least 10 minutes to poach the chicken and to reduce the stock.
- When you’re happy that the chicken is cooked take out one third of your chicken.
- Take the pan off the heat and using a stick blender carefully blend the soup until it’s smooth.
- Stir in the reduced fat sour cream and when this has been incorporated into your soup add the broccoli rice.
- Stir the soup to combine everything and pop it back on the heat for a few minutes to cook through the broccoli rice.
- Take your boiled eggs and pop them onto a chopping board, using a bread knife, gently split the egg into 2 halves and using a tablespoon carefully scoop out the egg halves.
- Shred your chicken that you set aside earlier into smallish pieces, pour your soup into your bowl and top with the shredded chicken and boiled egg halves.
This soup is really hearty and and full of flavour!
- For anyone following older BC plans, you’ll notice that this recipe features 3 items from the vegetable list, therefore amounts of 2 have been halved so as not to affect the macros.
- I like to use low salt stock cubes.
- For anyone following older BC plans, as the eggs are soft boiled I have left out the egg whites from the recipe, but feel free to include them if you so wish.
- Check out the video showing exactly how to make broccoli rice!