I love to cook as and when I need to and often I batch cook a meal to save time later in the week. Had I known how easy this recipe was going to be I would have done the same thing. As it is, I’m going to whip another batch of these lovelies later in the week and eat them fresh from the oven, that’s how quick they are to make!
Ingredients for 1 serving
|46g||reduced fat sour cream|
|salt and pepper|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Pre-heat your oven to 190°C fan/400°F.
- Put a medium frying pan onto the heat and when warm add the mushrooms along with a sprinkle of salt. This will help the mushrooms release their natural juices without the need for oil at this stage.
- After a few minutes add the onion and spinach to the pan along with the olive oil and continue to cook until the all the vegetables are lovely and soft.
- Add some black pepper, mix and set aside.
- Use a jug to mix your eggs and reduced fat sour cream together. The just will make pouring into muffin cases easier!
- Whisk until everything is incorporated.
- Arrange your cases into the muffin tray. The amount you need will depend on the amount of ingredients you have. For a single batch you may need anywhere between 3-5 cases! These sizes are based on a muffin tray and not fairy cake tray.
- Spoon an equal amount of the veggie mix into the bottom of each of your muffin cases.
- Top each with cheese and carefully pour the egg mixture into each case, again as equal as possible.
- Transfer your muffin tray to your oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes, but set your oven timer for 11 minutes so that you can check them.
- When the muffins are cooked to your liking, remove them from the oven.
- They can be eaten straight away or are a great option for breakfast or lunch on the move!
- To save time, I used frozen spinach and frozen onion.
- Why not batch cook another portion for another day!
- This recipe uses 2 x cheese portions.