I love eggs in the morning and I love huevos rancheros but I wanted something hotter this morning, so here it is! Hold on to your hat!
Ingredients for 1 serving
|1||garlic clove, chopped or crushed|
|6||pickled jalepeno slices|
|1/2 tsp||smoked paprika|
|4 drops||hot sauce|
|20g||cheddar cheese, grated|
|5g||fresh coriander, chopped|
|salt and pepper|
(Example ingredient amounts given, adjust accordingly to your requirements)
- Put a frying pan onto a medium heat.
- Add the peppers, spring onion and jalepeno slices to soften for a minute before adding the garlic.
- Cook for a further minute before adding the chopped tomatoes, smoked paprika and a little seasoning to taste.
- When the tomatoes start to bubble, add the spinach and pop a lid on to wilt the spinach for a minute.
- Spread the spinach around the pan before adding your eggs.
- Crack a whole egg into a ramekin, add some of the egg white and pour into the pan, repeat until you’ve used all your eggs and egg whites.
- Pop the lid back on for 2 minutes and once the eggs start to set, add the drops of hot sauce to the eggs, and sprinkle over the cheddar.
- Pop the lid back on to finish setting the eggs and melt the cheese.
- Breakfast is ready when the eggs are cooked to your liking!
- The hot sauce I used was Cholula.
- Why not batch cook this recipe and have a portion ready for tomorrow too!